Description: 2-Pack consists of 2 continuing education topics.
Each topic is accredited for 1 hour of Continuing Pharmacy Technician Education (CPE). A total value of 2 CPE credits.
Generally, CPE credit awarded is equal to estimated time spent completing the activity. The 2-Pack topics include 2 recorded lectures along with presentation notes and completion of a test associated with topics.
Type of Activity:
“This is Us”- Pharmacy Technician Culture General Pharmacy (ID) CES #M000152-02-04T
The Formula for Speaking Up in the Workplace Patient Safety (ID) CES #M000152-05T
Accredited for: 2 Continuing Pharmacy Technician Education (CPE) hours
Fee: $7 non-member | $3.50 member
Release Date: February 8, 2020
Expiration Date: January 31, 2023
- Discuss barriers to Pharmacy Professional “Speaking Up”
- Identify barriers and empower pharmacy staff by implementing team huddles
- Examine tools that help identify holes, reduce error and improve organizational resilience
- Examine the general culture of the pharmacy technician workforce and compare the generality to your own work setting
- Distinguish technical skill set from social skill set sometimes referred to as soft skills.
- Construct a personalized ‘where I am now’ synopsis and forecast an individualized as well as an industry-specific pharmacy technician description
About the Presenters
Richard T. Halama CPhT, BS in Healthcare Administration and Policy Patient Safety Program Manager for the Department of Air Force Bellevue, NE 2017 & 2019 Award Winner: Air Combat Command Best Ambulatory Clinic Patient Safety Program
Judy Neville CPhT, CSPT, BA Director of Pharmacy Technician Education in the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science at the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Pharmacy Omaha
Instructions to complete continuing pharmacy technician education (CPE) topics:
- Click on the PAY TO GET TEST CODE button to have access to the test as you complete each topic.
- Click on the WATCH button to view each of the 2 recorded lectures.
- Follow along with recorded lectures by clicking on the PRESENTATION NOTES button.
- Complete the test after viewing the recorded lecture & presentation notes. Complete and submit the test by using the link received by email after paying for the topic.
- Complete the test with a score of 75%. You are allowed 3 opportunities to reach this minimum score.
- Completion Certificate will be emailed to you after successful completion of the topic. NABP CPE Monitor is NOT updated with this CPE. Use your Completion Certificate to write in CPE when renewing Certification with PTCB, ExCPT or state-specific certifying entity. Please allow 2 weeks for the Completion Certificate to arrive in your email.
- Important: Review CPE CREDIT INFORMATION. Determine that your State Board of Pharmacy accepts CES-accredited CPE.
About Continuing Education Credits:
Continuing Education Credits provided by Continuing Education Services (CES) a part of American Association of Pharmacy Technicians (AAPT).
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
CES requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest they may have as related to the content of this activity. CES is committed to providing high quality CPE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
Presenters have nothing to disclose.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. Any procedures or other courses for patient care discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by participants without review, recommendation, and approval of authorities.