Description: 3-Pack consists of 3 continuing education topics.
Each topic is accredited for 2 hours of Continuing Pharmacy Technician Education (CPE). A total value of 6 CPE credits.
Generally, CPE credit awarded is equal to estimated time spent completing the activity. The 3-Pack topics include (3) 1-hour recorded lectures along with an estimated 3-hours of time to read the handout and complete the test associated with topics.
Accredited for: 6 Continuing Pharmacy Technician Education (CPE) hours
Fee: $17 non-member | $8.50 member
Release Date: February 9, 2019
Expiration Date: February 9, 2022
Estimated time to complete activity: 6 hours
- LTC Superhero: Achieving Best Practice– Beers List is a resource to identify potentially inappropriate medications for geriatric patients. Demonstrations during the presentation show how to access the Beers Criteria. (CPE Identifier M000150-05T)
- Your Handy Guide on How to Achieve 340B Integrity– Discussion on 340B program eligibility, stakeholders & pharmacy relationships. Regulation and auditing for compliance are also focus points.(CPE Identifier M000150-06T)
- Plugged into Achieving Safe Hazardous Drug Handling (HDH)– Occupational hazardous drug exposure is a risk that many healthcare professionals encounter daily. USP General <800> Standard, expected date for compliance for all practice sites handling hazardous drugs is December 1, 2019, will mandate safer systems for all aspects of hazardous drug handling. (CPE Identifier M000150-07T)
About the Presenters
Dr. Megan Irlmeier, Pharm.D RPh
Maria Kellison, MHA, CPhT, DPLA
Dr. Kris Shubert, Pharm.D RPh
Instructions to complete continuing pharmacy technician education (CPE) topics:
- Click on the PAY TO GET TEST CODE button to have access to the test as you complete each topic.
- Click on the WATCH button to view each of the 3, 1-hour recorded lectures.
- Follow along with recorded lectures by clicking on the PRESENTATION NOTES button.
- Click on the HANDOUTS button to review topic information.
- Complete the test after viewing the recorded lecture, presentation notes and handouts. Complete and submit the test by using the link received by email after paying for the topic.
- Complete the test with a score of 75%. You are allowed 3 opportunities to reach this minimum score.
- Completion Certificate will be emailed to you after successful completion of the topic. NABP CPE Monitor is NOT updated with this CPE. Use your Completion Certificate to write in CPE when renewing Certification with PTCB, ExCPT or state-specific certifying entity. Please allow 2 weeks for the Completion Certificate to arrive in your email.
- Important: Review CPE CREDIT INFORMATION. Determine that your State Board of Pharmacy accepts CES-accredited CPE.
About Continuing Education Credits:
Continuing Education Credits provided by Continuing Education Services (CES) a part of American Association of Pharmacy Technicians (AAPT).
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
CES requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest they may have as related to the content of this activity. CES is committed to providing high quality CPE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
Presenters have nothing to disclose.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. Any procedures or other courses for patient care discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by participants without review, recommendation, and approval of authorities.