Description: This offering consists of 4, 15-minute lecture topics each accredited for 0.25 hours of Continuing Pharmacy Technician Education (CPE) for a total value of 1 CPE credit.
Generally, CPE credit awarded is equal to estimated time spent completing the activity. Completion of this activity consists of recorded lectures along with the test associated with topics.
Type of Activity: General Pharmacy (ID) CES #M000152-03-04T
“My Dog Ate My Norco”- Challenges from the Prescriber POV
Nanoscale Dosage Form- What is it
Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) What is it?
Romancing Nucleic Acid Molecules
Accredited for: 1 hour
Release Date: February 8, 2020
Expiration Date: January 31, 2023
Estimated time to complete activity: 1 hour
Upon successful completion of this knowledge-based CPE activity, pharmacy technicians should be able to:
- Review elements required on a prescription per federal regulation
- Identify benefits & pitfalls of e-prescribing
- Understand the physician patient care workflow associated with issuing a prescription
- Describe who the P.A.C.E program services
- Define services included in the P.A.C.E program
- List benefits of the P.A.C.E program
- Define energy content in nucleic acid
- Describe different nucleic acid structures
- Understand the targeting of nucleic acid molecules
- Understand the primary requirement of effective pharmacotherapy
- Understand the difference between conventional and nanoscale dosage forms
- Understand how nanoscale dosage forms potentially improve pharmacotherapy with conventional and unconventional drugs
About the Presenters
Dr. Megan Irlmeier, Pharm.D Pharmacist at Midwest Geriatrics- Omaha
Dr. Luis Marky, Ph.D. Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Pharmacy- Omaha
Dr. James Sullivan, M.D., FAAFP Family Practice Physician at Methodist Fremont Health- Fremont, NE
Dr. Joseph Vetro, Ph.D. Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Pharmacy- Omaha
Instructions to complete this continuing pharmacy technician education (CPE) topic
- Click on the PAY TO GET TEST CODE button to have access to the test as you complete the topic.
- Click on the WATCH button to view the 4 recorded lectures.
- Complete the test after viewing the recorded lecture. Complete and submit the test by using the link received by email after paying for the topic.
- Complete the test with a score of 75%. You are allowed 3 opportunities to reach this minimum score.
- Completion Certificate will be emailed to you after successful completion of the topic. NABP CPE Monitor is NOT updated with this CPE. Use your Completion Certificate to write in CPE when renewing Certification with PTCB, ExCPT or state-specific certifying entity. Please allow 2 weeks for the Completion Certificate to arrive in your email.
- Important: Review CPE CREDIT INFORMATION. Determine that your State Board of Pharmacy accepts CES-accredited CPE.
About Continuing Education Credits:
Continuing Education Credits provided by Continuing Education Services (CES) a part of American Association of Pharmacy Technicians (AAPT).
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
CES requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest they may have as related to the content of this activity. CES is committed to providing high quality CPE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
Presenters have nothing to disclose.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. Any procedures or other courses for patient care discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by participants without review, recommendation, and approval of authorities.