Type of Activity: Knowledge (UAN) # JA4008162-9999-19-843-H03-T
Accredited for: 1 hour
Release Date: June 3, 2019
Expiration Date: June 3, 2021
Estimated time to complete activity: 1 hour
Upon successful completion of this knowledge-based CPE activity, pharmacy technicians should be able to:
- Describe the history and rationale for pharmacy technician regulation in Canada.
- Compare and contrast the difference in roles for pharmacy assistants and pharmacy technicians.
- Analyze pharmacy technician workforce data within the province of Ontario.
About the Presenters
Dr. Paul Grootendorst, University of Toronto and Jimmy Tieu
Instructions to complete this continuing pharmacy technician education (CPE) topic.
- Click WATCH to view the 1-hour recorded lecture. Viewing the entire lecture is a required element of this CPE.
- After viewing the recorded lecture, click TAKE TEST to take the test. The link takes you to CME University where you will login or register if you are a new user (takes less than 1 minute). Have your NABP number and DOB (MM/DD) handy. Once logged in to CME University, follow these steps:
- At the top of the Home page, in the box labeled, “Find Post-Test/Evaluation by Course”, type in the code emailed to you after paying for the CPE. Then, hit enter
- Click on the CPE title that you have completed from the list
- Select the type of credit you wish to receive
- Complete the test with a score of 75%. You are allowed 3 opportunities to reach this minimum score.
- Complete the activity evaluation form.
- Transcript information will be sent to the NABP CPE Monitor Service. Please allow 4 weeks for the credit to appear in your account.
- Optional: Lecture notes are included if you choose to review.